Friday, November 03, 2006

Darjeeling and the Darjeeling Initiative_Thoughts from a friend

Hi All,
Here's what Karma's written to me about her feelings... She's in Delhi working for Wipro and we miss her like hell...
Sam

"Dear Darjeeling people,
When i walked down the Ajit mansion building for the first time , I never knew that life would take such a beautiful turn, was tired of monotonous life and wanted to make some changes in my own life and seeing nothing interesting happening in Darjeeling....everyday the same talk about youths getting spoiled, politicians screaming from chowkbazar and elders telling us "hamro time ma darj yasto theyo ra thesto" but no one did anything.......which could have done by them was done by these 25 youths, whom i met at Ajit mansion.

And the one man who will remain immortal and the biggest loss for darjeeling is our dear friend "Shasheesh"...........he was the one person whom I had big discussions with, worked together and ofcourse my last days with him was when he took Sameer da and me to Nirula's in Delhi and gosh he spoke for two hours about how to make Darjeeling beautiful. At that time I never took it so seriuosly but when think of it now, he was the one who made the DARJEELING INITIATIVE what it is now and I know no one can replace him.... We want to stay back in Darjeeling and work for betterment, but at times greener pastures are also needed to survive in this world but no matter what, we will do everything to make our palce beautiful!!!
cheers...
Karma"

1 comment:

Bisu said...

Hai,
i am quite agree with your opinion pals.